Producing as much as 442 pounds of ice daily, the Hoshizaki KML-500MAJ cube ice maker is great for many restaurants and hotel vending areas. The amount produced depends on ambient air and water temperatures, with higher levels resulting in less production. It makes crescent cube ice—a type of ice similar to standard half cubes but with a rounded end. Because these cubes work well in many drinks, they are a good option in most applications.
This Hoshizaki KML-500MAJ cube ice machine head is protected by an H-Guard Plus antimicrobial agent to slow the growth of bacteria so ice is sanitary and clean. Because the unit has a CycleSaver™ design, water and energy consumption are reduced by cutting down on cycles without reducing ice production. The self-contained condenser is air cooled, while the evaporator is made of stainless steel. If the components need to be accessed, they are available behind removable panels.
- 442-lb. maximum daily ice production
- 400-lb. AHRI-certified maximum daily ice production
- Makes crescent ice cubes
- Crescent cube ice size: 11⁄8 in. x 11⁄2 in. x 1⁄2 in.
- Air-cooled condenser
- CycleSaver technology produces the same amount of ice as other models in less cycles
- EverCheck™ alert system with distinct beep patterns for different issues
- H-Guard Plus antimicrobial agent protects against bacteria growth
- Panels are removable for component access
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel exterior can be wiped down
- Uses R404A refrigerant
- Ideal ambient air temperature: 45-100 degrees F
- Ideal incoming water temperature: 45-90 degrees F
- Ideal incoming water temperature: 10-113 PSI
- Ideal clearances: 6 in. at top, rear, and sides
- Ice storage bin or dispenser is sold separately
- UL Safety listed; AHRI and NSF certified
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30.2 in. W x 27.38 in. D x 22 in. H
- 7.6 A, 5.55 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph